Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Steel Magnolias

Oh, hey blog!
I just wrapped up performances as Shelby Latcherie in Steel Magnolias with The Valley Theatre at David A. Howe Library in Wellsville, NY. There was a lot of hairspray, nail polish and pink eye shadow involved. I feel like Shelby is one of the more challenging roles I've had to tackle and I had a lot of fun being part of such a fun ensemble show. I also loved the great vintage theater space we used! If you live in western NY or the southern tier, keep an eye on the Nancy Howe Auditorium website for information about upcoming free events, movie screenings and performances.

After three almost back-to-back straight plays, I'm refocusing on ballet for Houghton Movement & Arts Center's upcoming mini-production of Swan Lake in May. I also have some exciting news about summer dance projects in the area which I'll write about soon!


In rehearsal with (L-R) Megan Specksgoor, Amanda Cox, Sally Murphy and Debbie Young

No comments:

Post a Comment