Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

BEDA 25: Remembering Esther

I woke this morning to the news that 16-year-old Esther Earl, a fellow Harry Potter fan and nerdfighter sometimes known as "crazycrayon", passed away in the early hours of the morning.  It almost felt like the whole internet stopped to pray for Esther and her family when we heard about her condition last night. I didn't have the pleasure of knowing Esther personally, but I often watched her video blogs and enjoyed her thoughts and insights.Her passion for books, life, and people was evident in all the volunteer work she did through the Harry Potter Alliance and the nerdfighting community. My heart is heavy for her family and I hope you'll join me in continuing to pray for them. The loss of Esther will certainly be felt by the online communities she did so much for.

   You can read about Esther's story and get updates from her family here.

In other news, I'm going to this place tomorrow, to ride some horses and eat breakfast tacos. Just kidding about the horses, kind of. See you in the Lone Star State!

1 comment:

  1. Esther's death is so sad. I can't believe she was taken so soon. I will definitely be keeping her in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete